This is my maternal 3rd great-grand uncle, George Kinney Webster. He was the sixth child born to my 4th great-grandparents Augustine Webster and Mary Tyler. I recently wrote about his brothers, Ebenezer, Daniel, and Wesley.
George was born on 25 March 1803 in Columbia County, New York. He was married twice. He married his first wife, Polly De Wolf, on 2 September 1831 in Meigs County, Ohio. According to an article in The Democrat (Pomeroy, OH) newspaper, George and Polly were married by George's brother, Ebenezer, who was a minister in the Methodist Episcopal Church.1
George and Polly were the parents of ten children.
- Amanda Maria Webster (1832-1865)
- Clarrissa Webster (1834-About 1846)
- Lavina Webster (1836-1858)
- Aurilla Webster (1838-1869)
- Louisa Webster (1840-1919)
- Nancy Webster (1842-1866)
- Verlinda Webster (1844-1873)
- Mary Alice Webster (1849-1869)
- Donnally Darius Webster (1851-?)
- Homer Horton Webster (1853-1872)
George's first wife Polly passed away on 6 May 1861 in Syracuse, Meigs, Ohio.
George married his second wife, Martha Sayers, on 13 October 1861 in Meigs County, Ohio. They were the parents of one child.
- Melissa Webster (1863-?)
Thanks for reading!
© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved
1 George K. Webster and Polly De Wolf marriage, "Meigs County News For The Year 1892." The Democrat (Pomeroy, OH) December 22, 1892, Old Time Marriages. Rootsweb. 06 Dec. 2014.↩