Saturday, December 6, 2014

Advent Calendar – December 6, 2014 ~ Santa Claus

NOTE: This is a repost from December 6, 2012

This is part of the "Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories" by Thomas MacEntee of GeneaBloggers. If you'd like to join in the fun, just click HERE.

December 6 – Santa Claus

Advent Calendar Prompt from 2014 - Today is the Feast of Saint Nicholas and the origin of Santa Claus. What are your memories of Santa Claus and waiting for him to come at Christmas? What does Santa mean to you today and how do you pass along that meaning to family and to others? Post your best Santa story and your memories of Christmases past.

Advent Calendar Prompt from 2012 - Did you ever send a letter to Santa? Did you ever visit Santa and “make a list?” Do you still believe in Santa Claus?




As you can see from the photo above, my brother and I did make a visit to see Santa Claus.  Unfortunately, we didn’t look all too happy to see him.  I was three years old and my brother was two years old at the time.

Between the two of us, I’d say my younger brother was the braver child during our visit, as he had the courage to actually look at Santa.  Whether or not I ever gathered up enough courage to look at Santa, I really don't recall.  Oh well, at least we weren’t screaming our heads off.  And for that, I’m sure Santa was very thankful.

At this special time of year when we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, I'd like to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas!

Thanks for reading!

Jana

© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Maybe there was a bowl full of candy canes nearby that caught your attention. Surely you were due one after your visit with Santa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Ya. Maybe there was. And hopefully we did get a candy cane after our visit. =)

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...