Saturday, June 20, 2015

Father's Day 2015

Happy Father's Day! 

This is a photo of my dad, Jan Albert Iverson, holding one of my younger brothers and me. I'm on the left in this photo.


My dad was a great dad and was a very hard worker. He went to college while my brothers and I were young. He attended in the evenings after working at his full-time job. I don't know how he did all of this or when he had time to do his homework. He first attended college at San Francisco City College. Our family moved from San Francisco to Redwood City, so he continued his schooling at San Mateo Junior College. Several years later, we moved to San Jose. In his personal history my dad wrote the following about this time in his life:

"I continued my college at night, receiving my Associate of Arts Degree in Social Arts. The time away from my family was tough. I so missed the children growing up. I would really only see them on weekends as I would come home most of the time on the train and go right to school, coming home after ten o'clock in the evening."
"I began my work with Chevron Chemical (Standard Oil) Co. in Accounting. Later, I moved over to Chevron Shipping Co. as a Data Processing Assistant. Computer Service Department centralized and took everyone but me. Therefore, I was doing everything I had done before and was required to do some of the work the programmers had done before. I therefore, went to night school for two years at City College of San Jose to get trained in computers."
"My training resulted in a position with Chevron Information Technology Division as a Programmer Analyst."

I'm so thankful for my dad. I wish I could tell him that in person on this Father's Day. Unfortunately, he passed away six years ago. We sure do miss you Dad!


I absolutely love this photo of my husband Brent holding our daughter. He was working on homework for one of his college classes at the time. My husband was in college full-time for the first four years of our marriage. We had two children by the time he graduated with his degree in Electrical Engineering. He's a wonderful husband and a great father to our five children. And I'm so thankful for him too.

I found this very special video on Mormon Channel's YouTube channel. It's called Earthly Father, Heavenly Father. I hope you enjoy watching it.


I am eternally grateful for my earthly father, Jan Albert Iverson, for my husband Brent, who's the father of our five children, and for my Heavenly Father.

Happy Father's Day!

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

8 comments:

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...