Monday, July 30, 2012

I’m Back!!

My awesome regular readers may have noticed that my blog was a bit quiet last week.  I didn’t post my weekly Fab Finds List or my regular Sepia Saturday post, let alone any other posts during the week.

The reason?  My family and I were on a week-long vacation in Utah.  We had a lovely time visiting with our immediate and extended family, and with a 3rd cousin of mine.

We not only enjoyed each other’s company, but we also enjoyed

the magnificent beauty of Utah,


Bridal Veil Falls at Provo Canyon Utah
View from Bridal Veil Falls at Provo Canyon Utah

shopping at the new City Creek Center Mall in Salt Lake City


City Creek Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
City Creek Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
visiting Park City’s Historic Main Street


Historic Main Street, Park City, Utah

Family Tree Center on Historic Main Street, Park City, Utah

visiting the Utah Olympic Park at Park City (so cool!).  Do you see the skier about to go into the water?


Amazing Training Facility at Utah Olympic Park - Park City, Utah

Training Facility at Utah Olympic Park - Park City, Utah

eating delicious food at various restaurants including Cafe Zupas, Kneaders Bakery and Café, Maxwell's East Coast Eatery, Cafe Rio Mexican Grill, Nick's Greek Café, The Cocoa Bean Cupcake Café, and Chunga’s Mexican Food in Salt Lake City.  Oh, and how could I forget the BYU Creamery?  YUM!

We also took a tour of the beautiful LDS Temple Square Conference Center.  We have done this tour before on past visits to Utah, but it was still fun to take the tour again.


Conference Center at Temple Square - Salt Lake City, Utah
View of the Salt Lake Temple and Temple Square
from Conference Center Roof at Salt Lake City, Utah

And of course, the genealogist in me made sure we spent some time visiting a couple cemeteries.  More on those visits in future posts.

All in all, it was a very fun vacation with family, food, fun and laughter as we spent time together.

Now it’s time to get back into the regular swing of things.

Thanks for reading!

Jana


Copyright © Jana Last 2012

8 comments:

  1. I was wondering about you and figured it must be vaca. When I'm going to be gone, I try to write some posts ahead, but sometimes you just can't do it. Nothing wrong with taking a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! Ya, I had a week between our camping trip and our trip to Utah. So, that was kind of crazy with all the loads of laundry and cleaning up from camping and then getting ready for a week-long out-of-state trip. It's a wonder I even got my last Fab Finds and Sepia Saturday posts done. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! It really was a fun vacation! Especially being with family. That was awesome!

      Thanks for reading and for your comments!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, Jana.

    Your post has made me envious - I can't wait to get back to Salt Lake City for Rootstech. Can't wait to help the US economy out at City Creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill!

      City Creek is such a beautiful mall isn't it? We went there on two different days--one day the glass roof was open, the other day it was closed and the air was on. Ah! So nice!

      Delete
  4. Glad you are back. Your vacation looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...