Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Illuminating Blogger Award


IBA_lighthouse_200

Susan at Family History Fun has nominated my blog for the Illuminating Blogger Award, which is presented by Food Stories.

Thank you Susan for this amazing honor!  I am very grateful for your kindness in considering my blog for this award.

The rules for the award are (quoted from the Food Stories blog):
If you are nominated then you have been awarded the Illuminating Blogger Award. Just follow the steps below:
  1. The nominee should visit the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it’s the only way that we can create a blogroll of award winners).
  2. The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
  3. The Nominee should include a courtesy link back to the official award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) in their blog post.
  4. Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post.
  5. Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their illuminating, informative posts and nominate them for the award. Many people indicate that they wish they could nominate more so please feel free to nominate all your favorites.
  6. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/).
Well, per rule 5, I’m supposed to share one random thing about myself.  Actually, I’ll share two random things.

First random thing:  While attending BYU when I was a young single adult, I tried out for the Ballroom Dance Team.  Did I make the team?  Nope.  I did make the first cut though.  Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained right?

Second random thing:  So the other random thing about myself isn’t that extraordinary.  In my spare time I enjoy reading.  Who are some of my favorite authors?  The photo I’ve included will give you a hint.  I took this photo while taking a photography class at our local community college back in 2008.




Yes, you’ve guessed it, some of my favorite authors are Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Tolkien, and C.S. Lewis.  I also adore books by Lucy Maude Montgomery.

 Here are the five blogs I’d like to nominate for the Illuminating Blogger Award:
  1. Rosehaven Cottage by Cindy Garber Iverson
  2. Ancestral Breezes by Jen Baldwin 
  3. Ancestors Live Here by Leslie Ann
  4. Climbing My Family Tree by  Jennifer
  5. Abbie and Eveline by Kathy
There are so many other blogs I enjoy...I wish I could just nominate all my genealogy blogger friends, but that list would be way too long.

Thanks again Susan for nominating my blog.  I appreciate your kindness!

Thanks for reading!

Jana


© 2012 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

8 comments:

  1. Many thanks, Jana, for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Jana! You are indeed Illuminating. I visited your nominees and can see why they are deserving. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jana, for nominating me. I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jana! I appreciate you thinking of me for this award. You are illuminating your own self ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, You're so welcome! I'm amazed at all you do with your blogs and the online papers you publish. Truly illuminating!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...