Friday, November 11, 2016

Veteran's Day Tribute ~ 2016


Happy Veterans Day!

I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of the brave men and women who have served or who are currently serving in the military to preserve the freedoms we all enjoy. And thank you to their families for their sacrifice as well.

In last year's Veterans Day tribute post I listed the blog posts I've written about some of the military veterans in my family tree, whether or not the posts were actually about their military service. I've added a few more posts to my list this year. Those new posts have an asterisk next to them.

Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
Korean War

Thanks for reading!

Jana

© 2016 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Quite an impressive history of military service in your family, even stretching back to the revolution! (No WWII service?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marian!

      No. No WWII veterans in my direct ancestral lines. My maternal grandfather would have been in the age group to serve in WWII, but he was living in Brazil at the time (he was born there). He and his family didn't immigrate to the United States until 1952.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...