Friday, August 7, 2015

Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for August 7, 2015

IMG_0269
A Note to My Wonderful Readers: Even though Fab Finds just returned this week, I'm going to have to ask for your patience again. Fab Finds will be on hiatus while I spend time with my family next week. Fab Finds will return on Friday, August 21, 2015. Thank you!

My Fab Finds for this week are (in no particular order)
  1. HOW I SAVE COUSIN CONTACT INFO USING EVERNOTE AND THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY–Why don’t I have a death date or record for William H. Thorpe? by Diane Gould Hall, author of MICHIGAN FAMILY TRAILS
  2. RootsTech Ramp Up AND A Deeper Look at The Family History Guide by James Tanner, author of Genealogy's Star
  3. Using Amazon for Genealogy by Thomas MacEntee, author of GeneaBloggers
  4. A brand new mapping tool, Norwayparishes.com by Laila N. Christiansen, author of Family and Such
  5. Easy Steps to Creating a Family Tree Book by Lorine McGinnis Schulze, author of The Olive Tree Genealogy
  6. Why You Can’t Find a Death Record (and Some Things That Might Help) AND Is It Time to Let Go of the Internet in Genealogy? by Amy Johnson Crow, author of Amy Johnson Crow Blog
  7. Tuesday’s Tip: Naturalization Records by Nichelle Barra, author of Copper Leaf Genealogy
  8. Find Family History With Flickr Search by Denise Olson, author of Moultrie Creek Gazette
  9. 30 Questions to Use for Family History Interviews by Julie Cordero, author of Oak Grove Genealogy
  10. All Of My Ancestors Have Been Found! by Lee Drew, author of Lineagekeeper's Genealogy Blog
  11. Family Reunions in the Digital Age by Family Sleuther, author of Family Sleuther Blog
  12. Fuel the Find – Time to Give Back and Join the Challenge by Valerie Elkins, author of Family Cherished
  13. FamilySearch Indexing: Why I care, do you? by Pat Richley-Erickson, author of Dear Myrtle
  14. How to Share My Blog Another Way by Dawn Kogutkiewicz, author of Dawning Genealogy
  15. 5 Stories I Uncovered While Writing About My Ancestors by Devon Lee, author of A Patient Genealogist
  16. photos can finally tell their stories! with storyshelf.com by Tami Osmer Mize, author of Relatively Curious about Genealogy
  17. Do you schedule time for genealogy? by Janine Adams, author of Organize Your Family History
  18. Thursday, August 6, 2015 BYU Conference 2015 by Janet Hovorka, author of The Chart Chick

The 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge by Amy Johnson Crow, author of No Story Too Small -

"May I Introduce To You" Interviews on GeneaBloggers.com

To read blog posts about last week's BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy, please check out the following blogs. I will also be sharing more blog posts about this wonderful conference in the future.



New Blog Discoveries

In Case You Missed Them….My Contributions to the Blogosphere This Week (I've also included my posts from the previous week while I was at the BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy)

Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog
Jana's Place

Thanks for reading! 

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

16 comments:

  1. WOW! Thank you so much for not one but two mentions Jana. Always an honor. It's been a fun research week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for listing my blog Jana. I love telling the stories, so I'm glad you enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for listing Collecting Cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jana - Thanks for your mention of The Family History Guide blog and James Tanner's post on A Deeper Look at the Family History Guide.

    Best wishes,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Bob! I was happy to list both The Family History Guide blog and James Tanner's post. :)

      Delete
  5. Jana, thanks for these Fab Finds. You have a talent for nosing out the most interesting gen blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Marian! And thank you for your very kind words!

      Delete
  6. Once again, Jana, you have a great list of posts here. I always find a new blog, an interesting post and a wonderful idea here. Thanks for all the time you put into your Fab Finds.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...