Friday, August 28, 2015

Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for August 28, 2015


My Fab Finds for this week are (in no particular order)
  1. How Quilting Is Like Genealogy AND National Homes for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers: A Surprisingly Rich Resource by Amy Johnson Crow, author of Amy Johnson Crow Blog
  2. Principles Part 1: What I learned from my family about color by Robin Foster, author of Saving Stories
  3. Flickr Groups – A Photo Community for Families by Denise Olson, author of Moultrie Creek Gazette
  4. LEGACY 8–Adding a hyperlink to your media file by Diane Gould Hall, author of MICHIGAN FAMILY TRAILS
  5. Life Altered in an Instant by Michelle Ganus Taggart, author of A Southern Sleuth
  6. Did a Father's Death Lead to Sons' Mental Illness? by Joanne Cowden, author of Researching Relatives
  7. I'm removing a blog post image...because it was the right thing to do! by Heather Wilkinson Rojo, author of Nutfield Genealogy
  8. My First Blog Book...Coming Soon by Amie Bowser Tennant, author of My Kith N Kin
  9. Trust, but verify; or There goes 1/16 of my family tree by Kathleen Scarlett O'Hara Naylor, author of You Are Where You Came From
  10. AncestryDNA Shared Matches Appear AND Tuesday's Tip: Evidence Explained Website has Citation Examples, QuickLessons, QuickTips, Forums and More! AND How Can I Find What Paper or Microform Information is Kept in a Particular Area? by Randy Seaver, author of Genea-Musings
  11. HOW TO… GET ORGANIZED WITH RESEARCHING MY FAMILY TREE by Larisa Thomas, author of Roots of Kinship
  12. Indexing ... Keep Fueling FamilySearch by Amy Archibald, author of Revealing Roots and Branches
  13. a dictionary for everything: defining peculiar words by Tami Osmer Mize, author of Relatively Curious about Genealogy
  14. Spit Hit - Now I'm a Believer by Jill Ball, author of GeniAus
  15. The value of transcribing by Janine Adams, author of Organize Your Family History
  16. Find: How Far Would Your Dollar Go in 1915? by Trevor Hammond for Fishwrap, the Official Blog of Newspapers.com
  17. How Bad Photos Can Make Good Genealogy by Denise May Levenick for Ancestry.com Blog
  18. A Darling Legacy by Diane Boumenot, author of One Rhode Island Family

The 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge by Amy Johnson Crow, author of No Story Too Small -

New Blog Discoveries

In Case You Missed Them….My Contributions to the Blogosphere Last Week

Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog
Jana's Place

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

28 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my post "Indexing ... Keep Fueling FamilySearch"!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, thanks for the shout-out! I'm glad you enjoyed the Flickr article. --Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana, thanks so much for including my Researching Relatives blog post on your great list! I look forward to checking out the others you've included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana,
    Thanks for the mention. Glad you liked my post about hyper linking in Legacy 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout-outs! (And thank you for not laughing at my quilt top!) ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Amy! Your quilt top looks awesome!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing my blog post about copyright at GenealogyBank on your list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jana! Thank you for highlighting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for including my post this week - Appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Jana, for adding my Ancestry blog post to this great list. Lots of good reading here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jana, most weeks I check your post and find great ones I missed so thanks for keeping up this post each week. Fran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fran! I appreciate your kind comments!

      Delete
  11. I'm a bit late with my thanks this week Jana. Yor mention is no less appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...