Monday, August 24, 2015

Descendant Migration Charts for Ebenezer Perry Carlisle Webster and Iver Iverson

I recently watched Legacy Family Tree's QuickTip video called "Creating a Migration Chart." I was intrigued. I hadn't made this kind of chart before. I have used Legacy Family Tree for a number of years and still have a lot to learn about the many features it offers.

I decided to make a migration chart for my maternal 2nd great-grandfather, Ebenezer Perry Carlisle Webster.


As you can see, this is quite an interesting chart. Not only are U.S. states listed, but the countries of Brazil and Mexico are listed as well. That's because Ebenezer's son, Watson (Frederick) Emory Webster, is my great-grandfather. You may know him as "The Traveling Dentist" here on my blog. He was born in Ohio, but traveled to Mexico where he married my great-grandmother, Esther Matus Villatoro. They then traveled to and settled in Brazil. Of course, settling in Brazil didn't mean he stopped traveling. But, that's another story.

Here's the migration chart for my paternal 2nd great-grandfather, Iver Iverson.


Iver was born in Norway on 2 August 1827 in Marteplads, Nes, Buskerud, Norway. He immigrated to the United States in April of 1858 and settled in Minnesota. He served in the United States Civil War in the 34th and 21st Iowa Infantries.

From this chart I can see that the majority of Iver's 146 descendants were born in Minnesota.

If you are use Legacy Family Tree and would like to learn how to create a migration chart, please click on the QuickTip video link below.

Creating a Migration Chart QuickTip Video

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. A fascinating concept, Jana, and I must admit I do not use the full potential of Legacy - a prompt ot take a closer look at the programme. .

    Family History Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! I don't use Legacy to its full potential either. I have a lot to learn yet. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...