Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wordless Wednesday (well, almost) ~ Mary Crary Boggess

Mary (Crary) Boggess


Yesterday I shared photos of James and Eunice (Waterman) Crary's tombstone.  Today I want to share a photo of one of their daughters.

This is Mary Crary, my 1st cousin 3 times removed.  I absolutely love this photo of Mary!  She was the fourth child of James and Eunice (Waterman) Crary.  This photograph was in the photo album that belonged to my 2nd great-grandmother, Cynthia Maria (Waterman) Webster.


Mary Crary was born on August 3, 1851 in New Brighton, Beaver County, Pennsylvania.  She married Taylor Nimrod Boggess on December 25, 1873 in Meigs County, Ohio.

Taylor and Mary were the parents of four children.
  1. Eunice Blanche Boggess (1874-1963)
  2. Norman T. Boggess (1877-1901)
  3. Frank Crary Boggess (1880-1941)
  4. Harry Julien Boggess (1883-1898)

Mary (Crary) Boggess passed away on December 31, 1927 in Huntington, Cabell, West Virginia and was buried at Spring Hill Cemetery in Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia.

Thanks for reading!

Jana

© 2013 Copyright by Jana Last

*Photo of Mary (Crary) Boggess courtesy of Norma Gardiner

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Andrea,

      Thanks! And I can't believe how well-preserved it is. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. It truly is a beautiful photo. She was beautiful and it is interesting to see the detail---her earrings, the necklace and pin along with the lace collar. I love it when there is a picture---but it's a special bonus when it is so clear and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,

      I know what you mean! The detail in this photo is amazing. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. She has a very strong, alert presence. I can almost hear a voice for her.

    When my daughter lived in Ohio, we passed the exit for Huntington. I'm not sure why I'm telling that --

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy,

      I think it would be so cool to visit Ohio and the other areas where my ancestors lived.

      Mary does have a strong, alert presence. I think she also looks like a sweet person too.

      Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...