And as any other good genealogist would do, I planned a couple visits to local cemeteries while we were there.
One of the cemeteries we visited was the Ogden City Cemetery. If you have ancestors buried in this cemetery, be sure to check out the cemetery's link. This website allows you to search for your ancestor's burial plot and see it on a map. Very cool!
|Grave Marker of the Christopherson Family|
|Christopherson Family Gravestone|
|Michael Christian Christopherson Grave Marker|
Transcription of Grave Marker:
JAN 18, 1812
SEP. 24, 1882
Michael was born on January 18, 1812 in Christiansund, More Og Romsdal, Norway. He was the son of Christopher Christiansen and Peternilla or Petronella Mikkelsdatter.
Michael married Serianna Olsdatter on February 15, 1834 in Tromso, Troms, Norway. They were the parents of seven children:
- Christiana Christopherson (1835-1889)
- Ole Anthon Christopherson (1837-1914) - My 2nd great-grandfather
- Peter Christopherson (1840-1930)
- Serianne Michelia Christopherson (1843-1928)
- Julia Maria Christopherson (1845-1874)
- Anne Johanna Elizabeth Christopherson (1848-1935)
- Henning Abraham Christopherson (1857-1937)
More on this family in future posts.
Thanks for reading!
Copyright © Jana Last 2012