Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wordless Wednesday–E.P.C. Webster circa 1856

Fair warning…this will not be exactly wordless….Smile

This is a photo of my 2nd great-grandfather, Ebenezer Perry Carlisle Webster.  Don’t you just love that bow tie?!

Ebenezer was a Civil War veteran.  I wrote about him in a previous post titled Tombstone Tuesday–Ebenezer Perry Carlisle Webster.

This photo of Ebenezer was taken when he was 18 years old, or about the year 1856, just a few short years before the start of the Civil War.

Ebenezer Perry Carlisle Webster
at 18 years of age
circa 1856
Below is the back of the photo.  You can see what my Grandfather Debs Webster wrote about the photo of Ebenezer.  Thank you grandpa for this information!



Thanks for reading!

Jana

Copyright © Jana Last 2012

10 comments:

  1. Oh yeah boy, he's working that bow tie! Handsome guy. I bet the girls loved him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, Ya, that bow tie was something else!

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. A dapper-looking fellow who probably led an eventful life. By the way, no need for fair warnings on Wordless Wednesday - I gave up on WWs myself because I could never manage to make them really wordless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ljhlaura, No need to give up on WWs. Just do what a lot of us do and add a "few" words. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Not your average 18-year old, eh? And that bow tie must have been interesting to learn to tie! A definite dandy, this young man. Very interesting post, Jana - I love old photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celia! Interesting thought about learning how to tie that enormous bow tie!

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I can't say that I've ever seen a bow tie like that one! Wonderful portrait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I've ever seen one like it either Kathy. It really is something isn't it?

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. A great post - loved the photograph, the tie and the name - Ebenezer Perry Carlisle. Ebenezer always makes me think of Ebenezer Scrooge out of Charles Dickens' "Christmas Carol" - but your Ebernezer certainly does not confirm to that image. How wonderful to have a photograph that old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Ya, Ebenezer really is an old-fashioned name for sure!

      Thanks so much for stopping by! I really appreciate it.

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...