Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Those Places Thursday - Then and Now

Jan Iverson's First Home

My father, Jan Iverson, was born in Los Angeles, California in 1936.  This is a picture of his first home.  It was built in the 1930’s.  His family lived there until 1946.  I shared this picture, as well as the I shared this picture, as well as the 1940 U.S. Census page that listed my dad and his family, in my post I Found Clark Gable's Mechanic in the 1940 Census!

Well, I just found another picture of my dad’s first home that I didn’t know I had!  This photo was taken in June 2004.  What a difference a few decades make, huh?  And what’s even more special is that my dad, who passed away in 2009, is standing in front of his old home.  Definitely a special find for me!



Thanks for reading!


Copyright © Jana Last 2012

4 comments:

  1. A great find and yes, what a difference a few years makes. I bet your dad couldn't believe the changes, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Brenda, I was so happy to find this picture!

      Delete
  2. The landscape in the first photo is so sparse it almost looks like farm country. I had to look hard at the second photo to see the original house! How fun to have both photos. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Nancy, it really does look like farm country in the first photo. How things have changed! I also love that old car parked to the left in the first photo too.

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...