Friday, May 18, 2012

Sepia Saturday–The Webster Brothers

Sepia Saturday provides an opportunity for genealogy bloggers to share their family history through photographs.

Sepia Saturday May 19, 2012

The Webster Brothers

No, "The Webster Brothers" is not a singing group, comedy act, or even a group of traveling salesmen.  (Oh, wait a minute, one of the brothers did do a bit of traveling, didn't he?) J

This handsome trio are, left to right: Rollin Waterman Webster (age 13), Frank Summers Webster (age 18), and Watson Emory (Frederick) Webster (age 20).  The picture was taken around 1884.  Watson (Frederick) is my Great-Grandfather whom I have written about in several posts on my blog.  You may remember him as "The Traveling Dentist."  I first introduced you to Rollin with my post linked HERE.

Watson (Frederick), Frank, and Rollin are the sons of Ebenezer Perry Carlisle Webster and Cynthia Maria Waterman, both from Ohio.  Ebenezer and Cynthia had six children:
  1. Mary Alice - born in Winnebago, Winnebago, Illinois on 28 August 1859; died there on 8 March 1862.
  2. Lura Elizabeth - born in Winnebago, Winnebago, Illinois on 4 October 1861; died 12 January 1946 in Alhambra, Los Angeles, California.
  3. Watson Emory (Frederick) - born in Coolville, Athens, Ohio on 14 February 1864; died 21 July 1946 in Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
  4. Frank Summers - born in Blairstown, Benton, Iowa on 19 April 1866; died 25 February 1939 in Carthage, Jasper, Missouri.
  5. Lillian Dell - born in Blairstown, Benton, Iowa on 17 January 1868; died 28 August 1914.
  6. Rollin Waterman - born in Blairstown, Benton, Iowa on 21 October 1870; died 9 October 1962 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois.
I will be writing more about this Webster family in future posts.

Thanks for reading!


Copyright © Jana Last 2012

16 comments:

  1. Three handsome fellows but I have to say Rollin looks older than 13.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob! Thanks for stopping by! As far as Rollin's age, I'm just going by what is written on the back of the photograph. Maybe my Grandfather was a bit off on the ages. :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to Sepia Saturday and I look forward to seeing more posts about the Webster family :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure Rollin was only 13? He looks so much older. They're a handsome trio. Will look forward to your future stories.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara and Nancy! Thanks for stopping by! As far as Rollin's age goes, I'm just going by what is written on the back of the photograph. It looks like my grandfather's handwriting. Perhaps he was off a bit on the ages, I don't know. :)

      Delete
  4. Quite charming brothers ... I bet the girls were flocking after those boys. It is nice having you here on Sepia Saturday this week!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad I joined the awesome Sepia Saturday group. Thanks for the welcome!

      Delete
  5. What a straight-backed bunch!

    My vet's name is Waterman, I must ask her if she has any ancestors in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat! Thanks for stopping by! Wow! Wouldn't that be interesting if your vet is related to me?!

      Delete
  6. So I guess these Webster brothers didn't write dictionaries either. Handsome! Glad to see you on SS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, funny you should mention the dictionary! Although these Webster brothers weren't personally involved in the Webster Dictionary, it turns out that our Webster family IS related to the Webster Dictionary author, just down a different branch of the tree. :)

      Delete
  7. Handsome group of guys. Agree with everyone else that Rollin looks older than 13 - he's even taller than your grandfather. Have you found any other records to confirm his age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for reading my Sepia Saturday post! I do have Rollin's death certificate stating he was born in 1870. So, either he's an older looking 13 year old guy, or my grandpa had the ages wrong on the back of the photograph. :)

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...