Thursday, May 10, 2012

Follow Friday - 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy Week #19: Blog Series



I started my genealogy blog on April 5, 2012.  I was and still am a total newbie to the blogging world.  I guess you could say I'm a "baby blogger," maybe starting into my toddlerhood.  Early on I submitted my blog to Geneabloggers and was accepted on their list.  I was so excited!  I also learned a lot by perusing other genealogy bloggers' blogs.  So, it’s difficult to decide on only one blog series that I’m thankful for and which has helped my blogging experience.  (Hmm, I can see I will need to post in the Follow Friday section of GeneaBloggers more often to list my other favorite blogs.)  Okay, so in keeping with the assignment to choose one blog series for this post, I'd say that I'd have to choose GeneaBloggers as the blog series I'm most thankful for.

GeneaBloggers is authored by Thomas MacEntee.  Thomas runs an amazing website!  He has been so welcoming to me as a new blogger!  And he has gone above and beyond in helping me with a technical difficulty I was having recently with my blog posts not getting uploaded to his fabulous GeneaBloggers website.  I love the Daily Blogging Prompts that help us bloggers with topic ideas for our own blogs.  And GeneaBloggers is also a great and fun way to get genealogy blogs noticed and read by fellow genealogy bloggers, as well as others searching for their ancestors.  And the Blog Resources section is very helpful.  All in all, it's just a great website!

So thank you Thomas MacEntee for your awesome website GeneaBloggers!

4 comments:

  1. I agree. There just isn't enough to say about Geneabloggers for being helpful, encouraging, and right on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! Couldn't agree more! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the genealogy blogging world, Jana! You've already posted awesome photos and commentary (I like the shark above--I saw a scary article related to our seas showing how the average fish size caught since 1950 has decreased dramatically. That shark size was typical for many fish like grouper. Now they're about 5 lbs! Thanks for your comment on my weird dog and baby picture. I think both options are the way to go--one for historical value; the other to have a nice two shot of dad and his brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome Linda! And thanks for stopping by my blog. You have an amazing blog. I'm glad I found it.

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...