I don't know all the places in Mexico where Frederick traveled, but I do know that he traveled to Arriaga, Chiapas, Mexico at some point because that is where he met his future wife, my great-grandmother, Esther Matus Villatoro.
|Esther Matus Villatoro|
Unfortunately, I don't have Frederick and Esther's marriage certificate yet, but I'm going to assume they married (notice her wedding ring in the picture). Esther was born in Arriaga, Chiapas, Mexico on September 18, 1893. Esther was the daughter of Nicanor Matus and Raymunda Villatoro Vasques. Nicanor Matus was from Oaxaca, Mexico and Raymunda was from Chiapas, Mexico. Frederick and Esther had five children:
- Carlota Adelia Webster - born January 11, 1910 in Arriaga, Chiapas, Mexico
- Edna Lilie Webster - born September, 1912 in Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and died before 1923
- Debs Warren Webster (my grandfather) - born April 27, 1914 in Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil and died August 15, 1994 in Petaluma, Sonoma, California
- Eugene Rollin Webster - born December 4, 195 in Santos, Sao Paulo Brazil, and died before 1923
- Alice Webster - born 1918 in Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and died before 1923
Unfortunately, Esther Matus Villatoro Webster died November 2, 1919 in Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil. According to Esther's death record she died of Tuberculosis. And three of her children died before 1923. Only Carlota and my grandfather, Debs, survived to adulthood. My grandfather, Debs, didn't talk a lot about his growing up years. I think it must have been very painful for him to talk about his childhood because of the death of his mother and three of his siblings.
|Esther with one of her children|
|Fred, Esther and one of their children|
|Fred, Esther, Carlota and Edna Lilie Webster|
Fred, Esther and their children traveled between the United States and Mexico and Brazil. I found several Passenger Lists listing this family and their travels.
More on that in an upcoming blog! See you then!
Thanks for reading!
Copyright © Jana Last 2012