NOTE: Fab Finds may be on hiatus next week. I’m in the midst of some rather large home improvement projects right now – tile and carpet installation, and fireplace remodel.
We have already had the tile replaced in our entry hall, as well as tile installed on our brick fireplace. New carpet will be installed the first week of May. There’s a lot of preparation that goes along with carpet installation, including removing all books from bookcases, removing and packing away items from the curio cabinet, clearing things out of closets, etc.
Also, we have a son who is getting married in June. Yay! I volunteered to make their wedding video. I’m in the process of gathering photos from digital files. I also still need to do a lot of scanning from photo albums for the video. Once that is finished, the happy couple will need to choose the photos they want in their video. I need to get my part of this project done soon so they have time to choose the photos in time for me to make the video. Whew!
So, with all of this in mind, I may or may not be able to publish my weekly Fab Finds post next week. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
My Fab Finds for this week are (in no particular order)
- Kids can be genealogy teachers by Jana Greenhalgh, author of The Genealogy Kids
- Finished Family Line Questioned...Part II by Amie Bowser Tennant, author of My Kith N Kin
- Is There A Difference Between a Death Notice, an Obituary Notice and a Burial Notice? by Dawn Kogutkiewicz, author of The Other Side of Scarlet
- Minnesota Death Records by Nichelle Barra, author of Copper Leaf Genealogy
- 10 Easy Mother’s Day Gifts Using Old Family Photos by Nicole Dyer, author of Family Locket
- Something in the House to Eat by Michelle Ganus Taggart, author of A Southern Sleuth
- The Great Canadian Genealogy Summit by Lynn Palermo, author of The Armchair Genealogist
- The Importance of Recording Your History by Lori Samuelson, author of Genealogy At Heart
- EBAY SUCCESS – YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT I FOUND TODAY! by Linda Stufflebean, author of Empty Branches on the Family Tree
- The benefits of being a packrat… by fhtess65, author of writing my past
- The GenBlogParty Has Started! by Elizabeth O'Neal, author of LITTLE BYTES OF LIFE
- AncestryDNA alert by Judy G. Russell, author of The Legal Genealogist
- Moveable Feastdays in Norway by Martin Roe Eidhammer, author of Norwegian Genealogy and then some
- Success! Finding Wrongly Transcribed Names on Census Records AND Bandwagon: An Incredible Photo by Dana Leeds, author of The Enthusiastic Genealogist
- Family History: From Blog to Book by Lynn Palermo for MyCanvas Blog
- The Truth About Peanut Butter Cookies AND School Snack Picture: Family Collectibles Identified by Vera Marie Badertscher, author of Ancestors in Aprons
- Another interesting DNA dilemma by Michele Simmons Lewis, author of Ancestoring
- RootsMapper by Amberly, author of The Genealogy Girl
- Mother's Day Infographic by Janet Hovorka, author of Zap the Grandma Gap
RootsTech 2016 ~
- RootsTech 2016 Conference Blog Compendium - UPDATED! by Randy Seaver, author of Genea-Musings
This week's "May I Introduce To You" Interview on GeneaBloggers.com
New Blog Discoveries
In Case You Missed Them….My Contribution to the Blogosphere Last Week
Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog
- Home Improvements ~ Hearth and Floor Tile Installation
- Home Improvements ~ Fireplace Tile Installation
Thanks for reading!
© 2016 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved