This coming Saturday, February 27, 2016, is the "Turning Hearts to the Fathers" Family Discovery Day. It will be held at 1880 Gettysburg Avenue in Clovis, California from 8:30 am - 12:00 pm.
I'll be teaching a class at this fun event. My class is called "Family History Blogs and Social Media" and my class description is as follows: "From cousin connections to document translation help, this class will explore the many benefits of using social media for genealogy research."
As you can see from the back of the invitation (below), there are amazing class offerings as well as activities for the whole family. This really is a family event.
In addition to the wonderful classes, there will be exhibits and activities in the cultural hall including the following:
- The Heritage Center ~ San Joaquin Valley Heritage and Genealogical Center
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers (DUP)
- Fresno County Genealogical Society
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)
- Sons of the American Revolution (SAR)
- The Mayflower Society
- Find a Grave Table
- Family History Blogs and Social Media Table
- Family History Missionary Table
- Family History Center Wiki Page Table
- Relative Finder Table
- Family Photo Booth with Period Costumes and Props
The Family Discovery Day is a free event open to the public. All are welcome. For more information including syllabus materials, and to register for the event, please click on the link below.
See you there!
© 2016 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved