Friday, February 20, 2015

Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for February 20, 2015


My Fab Finds for this week are (in no particular order)
  1. Are You Doing the Genealogy Do-Over with GeneaBloggers Thomas MacEntee? by Denise Levenick, author of The Family Curator
  2. DNA Quick Reference Notes by Debbie Parker Wayne, author of Deb's Delvings in Genealogy
  3. Ten Things To-Do for your Civil War ancestor by Cindy Freed, author of Cindy Freed's Genealogy Circle
  4. Sneak Peek of The New Ancestry Website Coming! by Dan Lawyer for Ancestry.com Blog
  5. Something in this book could kill you! by TK, author of Before My Time
  6. Copyright and the genealogy lecture AND Credit and copyright by Judy G. Russell, author of The Legal Genealogist
  7. New Book by Geoff Rasmussen - "Kindred Voices: Listening for our Ancestors" by Randy Seaver, author of Genea-Musings
  8. Are You Missing Genealogy Gems in Military Records? by Anne Gillespie Mitchell, author of Finding Forgotten Stories
  9. Genealogy Factoids -- What Are They And Are They Worth Saving? (February 17, 2015) AND Want To Preserve All Your Genealogy Blog Efforts? Better book it! (February 20, 2015) by John D. Tew, author of Filiopietism Prism
  10. Louise's Lost Files - Cancelled Checks by Ginger R. Smith, author of Genealogy By Ginger's Blog
  11. Was Grandma a Cover Girl? by Debi Austen, author of Who Knew?
  12. Ancestor Cards by Michele Simmons Lewis, author of Ancestoring
  13. 5 Ways to Use Pinterest for Genealogy by Nichelle Barra, author of Copper Leaf Genealogy
  14. Five Fabulous Digital Tools To Power Your Life Story by Lisa Alzo, guest blogger for the Armchair Genealogist
  15. Evernote as a Genealogy Research Toolbox by Shannon Thomas, author of Our Life Picture by Picture
  16. What Did It Take to Become a Census Enumerator? by Dana Leeds, author of The Enthusiastic Genealogist
  17. Genealogists as Storytellers by Joanne Cowden, author of Researching Relatives
  18. Fun and Challenging FamilySearch Family Tree Games on Ancestor Guru by James Tanner, author of Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad…
  19. MyHeritage puts exclusive Scandinavian records online by Emma for MyHeritage Blog
  20. It’s not about climbing the tree by Janine Adams, author of Organize Your Family History
 
Updated RootsTech 2015 and FGS 2015 Blog Post Compendium by Randy Seaver, author of Genea-Musings

The 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge by Amy Johnson Crow, author of No Story Too Small -

This week's "May I Introduce To You" Interview

New Blog Discoveries

In Case You Missed Them….My Contributions to the Blogosphere This Week

Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog
Jana's Place

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

18 comments:

  1. Jana, thanks so much for mentioning my post on my great-grandmother Louise's Lost Files. I'm really enjoying writing about the gems I'm finding in her boxes!

    Also, I agree that Shannon Thomas' post on Evernote was really good - I highly recommend it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to your fab finds list. Can't wait to check them all out. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bernita! I really appreciate your very kind comments!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Jana for the adding my new blog to your New Blog Discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the double mention Jana. I am sincerely honored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jana - Thank you so much for including my post in this week's Fab Finds. It's a privilege to be among this group! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing my post about what it took to be a census enumerators. I'm working on a followup post. :) I enjoy looking through your Fab Finds & seeing what I've missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Dana! And thank you for your kind comments!

      Delete
  7. Thank you Jana for including my blog in your New Blog Discoveries list. I'm in illustrious company!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jana, thank you for mentioning my storytelling post. As you said so well in your previous post:

    "Each person in my family tree deserves to be remembered. And writing about them in a genealogy blog is a great way to remember them."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jana, for including my blog post on Organize Your Family History about digging deeper into each ancestor!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...