Happy New Year! I hope you've all enjoyed your Christmas and New Year's holidays.
This is the first Fab Finds post for 2014. Today's list includes blog posts from the past week or two.
My Fab Finds for this week are (in no particular order)
- Challenge: 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks AND 52 Ancestors Challenge: Week 1 Recap AND Cousin Bait and the 52 Ancestors Challenge by Amy Johnson Crow, author of No Story Too Small
- Save FamilySearch Catalog Docs to Google Drive AND Use Tree Connect to Add Sources to Family Tree by Lineagekeeper, author of Family History With The Lineagekeeper
- Introducing the Autosomal DNA Segment Analyzer AND X-Chromosome Matching at Family Tree DNA by Roberta Estes, author of DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy
- New Beginnings by Julie Goucher, author of Anglers Rest
- Find A Grave Changes in Suggested Edits AND Reflections is Having a Contest, Right Here, Right Now! by Carol, author of Reflections From the Fence
- New England GeneaBloggers RootsTech Bash by Heather Wilkinson Rojo, author of Nutfield Genealogy
- RootsTech 2014 Live Streamed Sessions - Watch for FREE from Home by Randy Seaver, author of Genea-Musings
- United States Passport Applications available on Familysearch.org! by Kate Challis, author of Czech Out Your Ancestors!
- It’s a win! ANd X marks the spot by Judy G. Russell, author of The Legal Genealogist
- How to Get Around Those “No Family Tree” Cousins on AncestryDNA by Kerry Scott, author of Clue Wagon
- RootsTech 2014 and Flipboard—A Great Way to See What’s Happening by Devin Ashby for FamilySearch Blog
- Friday's Faces From the Past - Keeping Clues in Place by Laura Cosgrove Lorenzana, author of The Last Leaf On This Branch
- We Have a New Home! by Lynn Palermo, author of The Family History Writing Challenge
- Family Tree Portrait Pedigree AND Two New Enhancements to the FamilySearch Catalog by Lynne C. VanWagenen for FamilySearch Blog
- Wikipedia and Online Newspaper Research for Genealogy by Kenneth R. Marks, author of The Ancestor Hunt
- British Red Cross volunteers records to be digitised by Lenore Frost, author of The Empire Called and I Answered
- Ohio Genealogical Society's Annual Writing Competition for 2014 by Julie Cahill Tarr, author of Julie's Genealogy & History Hub
- Setting and Achieving Your Genealogy Goals in 2014 by Diane Haddad – Genealogy Insider for Family Tree Magazine Blog
- Update on Destroyed Records in Franklin County, NC by Renate, author of Into the LIGHT
New Blog Discoveries
- Genealogy by Eric
- Appalachian Heart Wood
- Getting Genealogy
- Genealogy through Google Earth
- Genealogically Speaking.
- Janet the Researcher
- Rooted In Foods
- Getting started in genealogy
- My Ain Folk
- WHO WE ARE...and How We Got This Way
- Peterson, Jacob, Weber, Folche, Stone, Newburg Family Tree
- Yeakley/Jones Family History
- FAMILY They're related, and there's nothing you can do about it
- Ancestral Discoveries
- Our Family Tree Tales
- Ups and Downs of Family History
- Marshall Family
In Case You Missed Them….My Contributions to the Genealogy, Photo Blog, and Vintage Postcard Blogosphere These Past Two Weeks
Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog
- A Special Family History Christmas Gift – My daughter hand-stitched our Webster ancestors' immigration route onto a map, framed it and titled the map "The Webster Family…There And Back Again." It's a beautiful and thoughtful gift!
- The Engle Family Postcard Adventure – The story of how I came into possession of over 60 postcards from the early 1900s that were written to my 2nd great-grandaunt and her husband.
Jana's Photo Journal
Thanks for reading!
© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved