Friday, February 15, 2013

Follow Friday–Fab Finds for February 15, 2013

Four Shooting Stars from Microsoft Office Images
My Fab Finds for this week are (in no particular order) -
  1. Old Cookbooks by Ancestry Paths
  2. The Importance of Old Newspaper Advertisements to Genealogy by Gena Philibert-Ortega for GenealogyBank Blog
  3. Remembering my Opa ~ Adalbert Haf ~ by Ginisology
  4. 10 Years and 1, 929 Blog Posts Later by The Olive Tree Genealogy
  5. Researching Newspapers for Genealogy for Free by The Ancestor Hunt
  6. Exciting News - I Met A Cousin Because of My Blog! AND My Newly Found Cousin! by My Mother's Family History
  7. Our Scamps and Scoundrels: The Counterfeiting Twins by Nuts From the Family Tree
  8. Illinois Statewide Databases Online by Genealogy Decoded
  9. Finding A Cousin -- Kismet, Karma, Fate or Simple Serendipity Made Possible By The New Golden Age of Genealogy?? by Filiopietism Prism
  10. 20 redundant phrases to eliminate from your genealogy writing & other writing tips! by Upfront With NGS
  11. Moonshining in Alabama by A Southern Sleuth
  12. A handwritten letter from a Civil War Soldier – Genealogy Gold AND Thursday Thoughts on Genealogy and Everything Else by Cindy Freed's Genealogy Circle
  13. Tech Tuesday—Blogging by The Stephen Sherwood Letters
  14. Are They Encouraging the Use of FindAGrave Photos? by Rootdig
  15. School Valentines, 1967 by A Sense of Family
  16. A New Country, A New School by Many Branches, One Tree
  17. New! Mapping feature for Land Documents by Bureau of Land Management (Thanks Thomas MacEntee for alerting us to this on Facebook)
  18. Treasure Chest Thursday ~ 1898 Genealogy Correspondence by From Maine to Kentucky

New Blog Discovery

***Special Announcment***

The new Going In-Depth free digital genealogy magazine by The In-Depth Genealogist has arrived!   Make sure you check out this amazing new publication.
Going In-Depth

 Thanks for Reading!


© 2013 Copyright by Jana Last

18 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to find my blog listed here, Jana! Thanks for the mention, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,

      You're very welcome! Hope you have a great weekend as well. And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. The blog made me smile as the place is less than hour from me and I knew some from the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Grant,

      You're very welcome! Hope you have a fun weekend as well. And thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Jana ~ Thank you so much for including two of my blog posts in this week's Follow Friday! I appreciate it very much!!
    I love your Fab Finds on Follow Friday. It helps me keep up with all the genealogy goodness each week!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    ~ Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,

      You're quite welcome! I'm so flattered and happy you enjoy reading my Fab Finds posts.

      Hope you have a wonderful weekend too! And thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Jana, thank you so much for featuring my post about my sweet Opa! And, thank you for doing "Fab Friday" . . . it's a great way to catch up and read some wonderful posts that I would otherwise miss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gini,

      You're very welcome! I'm glad you like my weekly Fab Finds posts. And thank you for all you do for the genealogy blogging community with your "May I Introduce To You" interviews. They're a great way to get to know our fellow genealogy bloggers.

      Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. What a thrill to see my school valentines post here in your Fab Finds, Jana. I'm honored to be in such great company! And I appreciate hearing about the all the other resources and blogs you've highlighted. Thanks for creating such a helpful collection each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley,

      You're very welcome! Your post was so fun. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  7. Jana,
    Thanks so much for including two of my posts in your Fab Finds this week. Since I have only been posting less than two months, I feel highly honored. You have been so helpful. I read a couple of those you have listed and was very impressed with them. I will have to read the others since you recommend them.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty,

      You're very welcome! It's wonderful that your blog helped you find a cousin. Congratulations!

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Jana: Thanks very much for adding my post (about discovering that Heather Rojo of Nutfield Genealogy is my 9th cousin) to your Follow Friday list! I consider it an honor from such an established blogger! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      You're very welcome! Congrats on your cousin connection discovery. That's very cool! And, well, I'm not all that established as a blogger really. I'm not quite a year old in blog years, but thanks!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Jana: My blog is barely over a month old, so a year seems quite "established" to me. More to my intended point though, is my view based on admittedly new and limited surfing of the huge and growing genealogy blogging community. Many are "established" in the sense that they have had presence in the blogosphere for years, but many such blogs also post infrequently at best. Reviewing your blog, I believe you have staked out a presence in your year by consistent, quality posts -- that is "established" to me more than counting the years back to the first post! ;-) Congratulations on your accomplishment! And, I must thank you again. I missed your kind linking of my blog under Friday's "New Blog Discovery." I really appreciate that and will no doubt have more viewers because of your recommendation. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      You're very welcome again, and thank you so much for your kind comments. I really do appreciate them.

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...