Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Great-Grandma Rosalia's Baptism Record

My maternal grandmother, Sarah Vasques Madeira, was born in Brazil. Sarah's mother, and my great-grandmother, Rosalia Rodrigues Vasques, was also born in Brazil.

Rosalia was born on 4 September 1857 in Rio Grande, Rio Grand do Sul, Brazil to her parents Mathias Rodrigues Vasques and Margarida De Farias Vasques. I was able to find Rosalia's baptism record on FamilySearch.1



The really wonderful thing about this and other Brazilian baptism records in this record set on FamilySearch is this - not only do these records list the parents of the infant being baptized, they also list the infant's maternal and paternal grandparents as well. How awesome is that? If I didn't already have that information, I would be able to go back another generation on my family tree.

If you have Brazilian ancestry, I encourage you to check out these wonderful records by clicking HERE.

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved



1 "Brasil Batismos, 1688-1935," index, FamilySearch (www.familysearch.org : accessed 13 May 2015), Rosalia Vasques, 04 Sep 1857; citing reference p 184; FHL microfilm 1284647.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Very true Wendy. I love this feature in these records. So helpful! Too bad ALL vital records worldwide don't include grandparents as well. Wouldn't that be awesome? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. The Czech records also list the infant's maternal and paternal grandparents. It was so helpful to me as I knew nothing about my Czech ancestors. It is so wonderful being able to go back another generation which otherwise would be very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      That's wonderful about Czech records. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing this information.

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...