Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tombstone Tuesday ~ Carl and Hilda Gillberg

Last month, my husband and I traveled to San Diego, California for vacation. On our way there, we stopped at the cemetery where my paternal great-grandparents, Carl Albert Gillberg and Hilda Maria (Carlsson) Gillberg, are buried. I wanted to visit and take a picture of their grave marker. 



As you can see, Carl and Hilda share the same grave marker. They are buried at Glen Haven & Sholom Memorial Park in Sylmar, California.

Glen Haven Cemetery is located off of Lopez Canyon Road. Here's a Google Map image showing the cemetery.




Carl and Hilda's grave marker is located in the Roselawn Section, Plot 46.  The star in the image below is where the Roselawn Section is located.



And this is a picture of me standing behind Carl and Hilda's grave marker.



Carl and Hilda's grave marker is not too far from a tree and is close to one of the roads in the cemetery.



The links below are for Carl and Hilda's Find A Grave memorial pages.

Carl Albert Gillberg

Hilda Maria (Carlsson) Gillberg

I'm so glad my husband and I stopped to visit my great-grandparents' grave marker on our way to San Diego.

Thanks for reading!

Jana

© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised at how "modern" the gravestones look. The cemetery looks well-kept and in a lovely location -- very peaceful with that mountain or hill in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy,

      The cemetery is in a lovely location up in those hills. I'm really glad we were able to visit Carl and Hilda's grave site. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. It's always a good feeling when you stop and let them know they are not Forgotten! Great Piece and enjoyed the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you True! Yes. They are not forgotten. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...