Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Going Down Memory Lane ~ My Storyworth Book


On Mother's Day 2022 my children and their spouses gave me a one-year gift subscription to Storyworth. Storyworth is a service that provides a way for people to write stories from their lives each week and then have these stories printed in a book.

Each week Storyworth sent an email to me with a question about my life. I could either answer that question or choose another question to answer. Storyworth included a list of question options on their website. For more question ideas I also turned to FamilySearch's Blog Post, 52 Questions in 52 Weeks: Writing about Your Life Has Never Been Easier. The way I did it was that before the questions were sent to me each week, I chose or even wrote a question that I wanted to answer that week.

My gift subscription includes a free black and white bound book with my weekly questions and answers about my life. A full-color option is also available, which is the route I'm choosing. The full-color option is not free, though, but will be discounted using the gift subscription.

My free gift subscription officially ended on June 6, 2023, but I had a 3-month grace period to finish up, which ended on September 6, 2023. I am in the final process of reviewing my book and will order it soon.

During the weekly question period of my gift subscription, I spent a lot of time going through mementos, my diaries and journals, my parents' diaries and journals, photos, letters, cards, etc. to answer my weekly questions. This was a labor of love and although it took a lot of time and effort, it was actually a lot of fun to look through my mementos, diaries, etc. It was also fun reminiscing with my brothers about our lives when we were growing up. I definitely went down memory lane during the time I was writing my life stories. And that phrase is how I closed each week's story: "Thanks for going down memory lane with me!"

I wanted to make my life stories fun and interesting, so I included lots of photos, diary entries, etc. My Storyworth book ended up being two volumes. I will need to pay full price for the second volume, but that's okay.

I hope that my descendants enjoy learning about me and my life from the pages of my Storyworth two-volume book.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jana Last

© 2023 Copyright by Jana Iverson Last, All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...