Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Family Vacation in Utah

After Christmas, we spent about a week in Utah. We had so much fun spending time together as a family. Creating family memories is so very important.

It turned out to be a very cold week. And when I say cold, I mean freezing. The temperatures were usually in the teens and twenties during the days. Yes. It was frigid. The air felt like refrigerator air.

I live in an area that doesn't get snow. And our high temperatures in winter are pretty mild compared with Utah. So, it was quite novel for us to see it snowing and to spend a week somewhere with snow on the ground. We arrived on a Saturday and it snowed on Sunday and Monday. This is what we woke up to on Monday morning.



This is my husband scraping our car…while it was snowing. He was heading out to a store. Brave man!



Did I mention that we're not used to snow? Of course, I had to take pictures of the cold fluffy stuff.



It's really pretty.



Especially from inside a warm house. Haha!



The temperatures never rose above freezing that week, so there was plenty of time for ice to form on the ground. Unfortunately, at the end of the week, I slipped and fell on the ice. Yep. I did. Thankfully, it wasn't a hard fall. I was a bit sore, but I'm fine. And I'm so grateful for that.

I'll be sharing more pictures from our trip to Utah in a future post.

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Jana, Thank you for sharing your vacation with your family. I personally love the photos. I am not a fan of the cold snow but I have always loved its beauty! Great memories for your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of the cold or snow either, but like you, I agree that the snow can be quite pretty. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...