Tuesday, January 13, 2015

An Exciting Mention In The FamilySearch Blog

Last night I checked the FamilySearch Blog and got an amazing surprise. My genealogy blog was mentioned in the article FamilySearch’s Top 10 Most Searched Record Collections: Collection 1—United States Census Records, by Alivia L. Whitaker, dated January 9, 2015. A paragraph from a blog post I wrote about the 1940 U.S. Census was quoted as well.

I am so incredibly honored, and actually a bit stunned, to be mentioned in an article on the FamilySearch Blog! Thank you so much Alivia for the mention!

The FamilySearch Blog contains many wonderful, informative, and helpful articles. You can access the FamilySearch Blog by going to the FamilySearch website at familysearch.org. At the bottom of the FamilySearch home page you'll find the Blog's link.

Here's a screenshot of the FamilySearch website. The red arrow is pointing to the link for the FamilySearch Blog. Just click on the link and you'll be directed to the Blog.



Here's a close-up view so you can see the FamilySearch Blog link better.



I hope you'll take the opportunity to read the many fantastic articles on the FamilySearch Blog.

Note: I wrote my blog post that was quoted in the FamilySearch article back when I first began blogging in April 2012. My quoted paragraph in the FamilySearch Blog article contains two bracketed words, indicating corrections to those words in my original post. One word was an error and one was the use of the word "kinda" instead of "kind of" which does sound better. I've now corrected those words in my blog post. This just goes to show you that it's a good idea to revisit old blog posts to make sure there aren't any errors, especially if you are planning on creating a book from your blog, which I am planning on doing.

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

11 comments:

  1. Nice work Jana!! It's exciting to know that people not only read, but also appreciate your blog, so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Now I need to check out the FamilySearch blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! Oh yes. Please do check out their blog. It's wonderful!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jana. I'm way behind reading and commenting on blog posts.... Congratulations on this nice recognition. Your post must have made a strong impression on the FamilySearch blogger to have remembered it from several years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...