Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veterans Day Tribute ~ 2014

Veterans Day - Public Domain - Wikimedia Commons
Joseph Ambrose
86-year-old World War I Veteran
Photo taken in 1982
Wikimedia Commons

Happy Veterans Day!

I'd like to thank all of the brave and selfless men and women who have served or are currently serving in the military to preserve the freedoms we all enjoy. And thank you to their families for their sacrifice as well.

I've written quite a few blog posts about some of the military veterans in my family tree. In last year's Veterans Day post, I shared links to these blog posts, but I've written more since then. So I'm sharing an updated list today.

Some of the blog posts I'm sharing today may not be military-related, but instead may tell more about the lives of the veterans. Also, the posts may not necessarily have the name of my military veteran ancestors in the titles. Instead, these blog posts may contain military-related information such as pension file pages, etc.

This isn't a complete list of military veterans in my family tree. I haven't written yet about some who've served and I may be unaware of the service of others at this time.

Revolutionary War


War of 1812

Civil War

Korean War

Thanks for reading!

Jana

© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a list of veterans! You must be very proud of your family and ancestors. And great work on researching your family and their service to the United States. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list. I should compile my own list of ancestors and wars in which they served.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! It took me a while to update this list. If I'm smart for next year's post, I'll add to this list throughout the year. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Jana, great way to honor those who have served.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...