I believe this is a picture of my maternal great-grandmother, Rosalia Rodrigues Vasques. I cropped it from a larger group photo, which I will share at a later time.
I introduced you to Rosalia's husband, Alvaro Borges Da Silva Madeira, in a previous post. If you missed that post and would like to read about Alvaro, who was a Naval Engineer in Brazil, click HERE.
Rosalia was born 4 September 1857 to her parents Mathias Rodrigues Vasques and Margarida De Farias Correa. Rosalia was christened on 8 December 1857 in São Pedro, Rio Grande, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
Rosalia and her husband Alvaro were the parents of five children.
- Maria Isabel Vasques Madeira (1890-?)
- Agrippina Vasques Madeira (1894-?)
- Alvaro Borges Madeira (1895-1960)
- Lucia Vasques Madeira (1896-?)
- Sarah Vasques Madeira (1900-1942) [My Grandmother]
Thanks for reading!
© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved