The initial happiness at receiving these awards soon evolved into a bit of anguish about who I would subsequently nominate or "pay the honor forward."
I really don't want to hurt anyone else's feelings by not nominating their blog. There are so many deserving bloggers out there and I hate leaving anyone out.
With this in mind, I hope my fellow bloggers who have not been nominated by me at this time will accept a well-deserved honorary award nomination.
Yvonne at Yvonne's Genealogy Blog has given me the great honor of nominating my blog for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. Thank you Yvonne!
The creator of this award said, “As bloggers, we are also readers. That is a part of blogging as listening is a part of speaking."
(i) Don’t forget to thank the nominator and link back to their site as well;
(ii) Display the award logo on your blog;
(iii) Nominate no more than fourteen readers of your blog you appreciate and leave a comment on their blogs to let them know about the award;
(iv) Finish this sentence: “A great reader is…”
"A great reader is one who takes the time to read the words of others, and then replies with words of kindness and encouragement."
The following award nominees have consistently left kind and encouraging comments on my blog.
- Celia at Twigs and Trees
- Mariann at Into the Briar Patch
- Debi at Who Knew?
- Laura at Branch and Leaf...a family history blog
My blog was also nominated to receive the Liebster Blog Award. Liebster in German means "dearest." How sweet is that? Thank you Laura at Branch and Leaf...a family history blog for this honor.
I had never heard of this blog award. After doing a little research, I found that there are differing rules accompanying this award. Some require that the nominee answer a set of questions. But I found another that doesn't mention any questions. I think I'll go with the no-questions set of rules.
1. Thank the one who nominated you by linking back.
2. Nominate five blogs with less than 200 followers.
3. Let the nominees know by leaving a comment at their sites.
4. Add the award image to your site.
So, here are my nominees for the Liebster, or "Dearest" Blog Award (in no particular order):
- Shelley Bishop at http://www.asenseoffamily.com/
- Kathy at http://www.abbieandeveline.com/
- Michelle at A Southern Sleuth
- Cindy at http://rosehavencottage.blogspot.com/
- Nancy at http://nancysfamilyhistoryblog.blogspot.com/
The third award my blog was nominated for is the Blog of The Year 2012 Award. Thank you Sue at Family History Fun for this great honor!
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple: 1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. If you choose, you can now join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars for every time you are nominated. For further information on collecting stars, just click on the link provided in Rule 3.
So, without further ado, here are my nominees for this award (in no particular order).
- Jen at http://ancestralbreezes.blogspot.com/
- Gini at http://www.ginisology.com/
- Jacqi at A Family Tapestry
Please take a moment to visit the blogs I've nominated for these three awards. They are very well written and enjoyable to read.
Thanks for reading!
Copyright © Jana Last 2013