Friday, September 14, 2012

Follow Friday–Fab Finds for September 14, 2012

  My Fab Finds for this week are (in no particular order) -
  1. Previous and Upcoming Genealogy Conferences by The Chart Chick
  2. Norwegian-American history at the Vesterheim by Branch and Leaf … a family history blog
  3. Trellis Family Tree Chart - Something Different by Olive Tree Genealogy Blog
  4. Guild Records: An Underused Record in Family History Research  AND  FamilySearch and New England Historic Genealogical Society Work in Partnership to Create Free On-Line Classes AND Retirement of Research Outlines by FamilySearch Blog
  5. Ruth vs. The Glass House by Art and Alice Rasmussen
  6. Never Underestimate the Power of a Hat by Robert and Gertrude Buchanan
  7. I Will Never Forget by Cross Connections
  8. 9/11 Remembered (revisted) by Adventures in Genealogy
  9. Remembering September 11, 2001, 11 Years Later by Climbing My Family Tree
  10. Tuesday's Tip - Check Out the "Citation Issues" Forum by Genea-Musings
  11. The easiest search log we may ever use by 4YourFamilyStory.com
  12. Remembering 9-11: Memories from Scotland. by Family History Fun
  13. Interview with Thomas MacEntee by Le Maison Duchamp
  14. Is primary information truly reliable for genealogists? by Planting the Seeds
  15. Thrifty Thursday:  Illinois State Archives Civil War Muster Database by Tangled Trees
  16. What Is An Ancestor? ~ Kids Answer on FamilySearch by Family History with the Lineagekeeper
New Blog Discoveries

Thanks for Reading!


Copyright © Jana Last 2012


15 comments:

  1. Hi Jana, Thanks so much for mentioning my blog! Have a wonderful weekend and happy ancestor hunting...

    Marian Wood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marian,

      You're very welcome! Have a great weekend too!

      Jana

      Delete
  2. I haven't had as much time lately to read all the blogs I like to follow, so it's nice that you have your fab finds. I can catch up - at least with a few that you pre-selected for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I'm so glad you like my Fab Finds list. :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the kind mention in todays posting! I greatly appreciate it.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa,

      You're so very welcome! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
    2. I loved your link, Theresa - I found some great things!

      Delete
  4. Another great list (and thanks for the mention)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ljhlaura! I'm glad you like the list! And you're very welcome for the mention.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Jana, I just read your ancestry from allover Europe and more, just like us, we have half of Europe in our blood.

    Got this send to me from a friend; British Sense Of Humor !

    A couple of years after the 2nd World War, on a train from London to Manchester, an American was berating an Englishman sitting across from him in the compartment. "You English are so bloody stuffy. You set yourselves apart too much. You think your stiff upper lip puts you above the rest of us. Look at me...I'm ME. I have Italian blood, French blood, a little Indian blood, and some Swedish blood. What do you say to that?"

    The Englishman replied, "Awfully sporting of your mother old chap!!!!











    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Titania, Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Yep, having a little bit of this and a little bit of that in one's ancestry certainly does make it interesting doesn't it?

      Thanks for reading and for your comments. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the mention Jana!

    Love your blog!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome Michelle!

      Thanks for stopping by! And thanks for the compliment about my blog!

      Delete
  7. Many thanks, Jana, for mentioning my post on 9/11 memories. It was a moving one to write.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...