Monday, September 28, 2026

Preserving Memories ~ My Adorable Mom

As I've mentioned previously, I've worked on a large family history project. I've scanned photos, slides, and negatives of various sizes that I inherited from my parents and my maternal grandparents. I have also scanned photos and negatives from my own collection. I'm not finished with this scanning project yet, but I'm taking a break at the moment.

Today I'm sharing this photo of my adorable mom.


Thankfully, there is a photo studio stamp on the back of this photo that provides the date and place this photo was taken.


Information from Back of Photo

Photo Studio: Foto Studio Trianon
Date: 17 June 1952
Place: Sao Paulo, Brasil

My mom was born on 24 July 1938, so she was just shy of her 14th birthday when this photo was taken.

Additionally, this photo was taken about a month before my mom and her family immigrated to the United States of America.

Regular readers of my blog may remember that my mom was born in Brazil and she and her parents, siblings, and grandmother immigrated to the United States of America in the summer of 1952. I wrote a series of blog posts about their immigration trip, which can be found by clicking "The Debs Webster Immigration Story" tab at the top of my blog.

This is such a cute photo of my mom. I hadn't shared it on her FamilySearch  person page yet. But now I have done that so it can be preserved forever and available for other family members.

I'll share more photos from my scanning project in future posts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jana

© 2026 Copyright by Jana Iverson Last, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...