Friday, February 24, 2023

Exploring the RootsTech 2023 App - Part 1

RootsTech 2023 is right around the corner. In fact, it begins next week on Thursday, March 2, 2023. Are you attending RootsTech? I am attending virtually this year. If you haven't registered yet, there's still time. To register for RootsTech 2023, click HERE. Virtual attendance is FREE and in-person attendance is currently $98.

Did you know that RootsTech has an app? Yep, it does. I have downloaded the RootsTech 2023 mobile app and have been exploring it lately.

Today I'm going to give you a tour of the RootsTech 2023 app. Here is a screenshot of the app's homepage.


As you can see, the app has tiles titled My Show Planner, Classes, Speakers, Expo Map, Exhibitors, RootsTech.org, Relatives at RootsTech, Restaurants Nearby, and Notifications. I'll show you what you'll find after clicking on these different tiles. But first, I'd like to point out that you can access some of these by clicking on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top left and by clicking on the icons at the bottom of the homepage.

I clicked on the menu icon and this menu list appeared.


Clicking on "My Show Planner" brings me to this screen with the following list: Exhibitors, Calendar, Show Features, Products, and On-Site Photos.



Each of the items on this list are clickable live links. The Calendar shows you the events that you've added to your Show Planner. Here's my Calendar so far.




I added an Exhibitor on my Show Planner and this is what it looks like when I clicked on "Exhibitor."


Now I'll show you how to add items to your Show Planner.

To add Classes, click on "Classes." This is what you'll see.


You can scroll through the list of classes or search for them by Speakers, Date, Type, or Booth Demos. This is what you'll see when you click on "Type."



I added a class in the "Live Webinar" category.



After finding a class I simply clicked on the blue "Add to My Show Planner" tile.


If I change my mind, I can removed the class from my Show Planner by clicking on the blue "Remove from My Show Planner" tile.


Because I added the class to my Show Planner, it now shows up in my Calendar.


The same process is used to add Exhibitors to your Show Planner as well.


To remove an Exhibitor from your Show Planner, simply click on the blue "Saved to My Show Planner" tile. It will toggle back to the blue "Add to My Show Planner" tile.

There is more to explore in the RootsTech 2023 app, but this post is getting long. So, I'll share more about the app in Part 2.

If you haven't downloaded the RootsTech 2023 Mobile App yet, here are the links to the app:



Thanks for reading!

Jana

© 2023 Copyright by Jana Iverson Last, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...