Friday, October 3, 2014

Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for October 3, 2014


My Fab Finds for this week are (in no particular order)
  1. Finding Evan by Judy G. Russell, author of The Legal Genealogist
  2. Genealogical Serendipity by Debi Austen, author of Who Knew?
  3. How to find the father of an illegitimate child by Yvette Hoitink, author of DUTCH GENEALOGY
  4. Tombstone Tuesday ~ Sometimes you just can't find your ancestors, unless you ask for help by Heather Wilkinson Rojo, author of Nutfield Genealogy
  5. Free Webinar US Research Series: United States Military Records—October 11, 2014 by Yvonne Sorenson for FamilySearch Blog
  6. Pay It Forward -- Create Your Own Family History Documents (October 1, 2014) : October is Family History Month by John D. Tew, author of Filiopietism Prism
  7. Did You Think to Save? by Devon Lee, author of A Patient Genealogist
  8. Ancestry Destroys Irreplaceable DNA Database by Roberta Estes, author of DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy
  9. Data Backup Day – A FREE Report and Win a 1TB External Hard Drive! by Thomas MacEntee, author of GeneaBloggers
  10. The Genealogy Intensive™: Taking Your Genealogy Project From “Obsession” to “Reality” by Thomas MacEntee, author of Hack Genealogy
  11. Something nifty from Ancestry.com by Michele Simmons Lewis, author of Ancestoring
  12. Massive Online US Obituaries Project Will Help Find Your Ancestors by Paul G. Nauta for FamilySearch Blog
  13. Go See Your Grandma by Jennifer Shoer, author of The Scrappy Genealogist
  14. WHY DIDN’T I SEE THAT? WHEN THE OBVIOUS ESCAPES US by Diane Hall, author of MICHIGAN FAMILY TRAILS
  15. Who knew there was a Canadian Society of Mayflower Descendants? by Gail Dever, author of Genealogy a la carte
  16. My Visit to the National Library of Israel – An Unexpected Family Resource by BERNFELDFAMILY, author of Bernfeld Family of Galicia & More
  17. Illinois Digital Newspaper Collections by Beth Gatlin, author of So Many Ancestors!
  18. Civil War Soldiers’ Graves Online Database by Dick Eastman, author of Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter
  19. Ernest's Final Return to Oklahoma by Michelle Ganus Taggart, author of A Southern Sleuth

The 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge by Amy Johnson Crow, author of No Story Too Small -

This week's "May I Introduce To You" Interview

New Blog Discovery

In Case You Missed Them….My Contributions to the Blogosphere This Week

Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog
Grandpa's Postcards
Jana's Place

Thanks for reading!


© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Jana! Since I wrote that post I've connected with ANOTHER cousin on the same side (they are first cousins of each other, third cousins to me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Debi! And congratulations on connecting with another cousin!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for selecting my article about finding the father of an illegitimate child! I guess I'm not the only one with missing fathers in my tree, it's the most popular article I've written all year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Yvette! And no. I'm sure you're not the only one with missing fathers in your family tree. I'd like to confirm who my great-grandfather's biological father was and find out more about his family. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for listing my post about cemetery records! I hope someone doesn't hesitate to ask for them (which was my first mistake in looking for these particular ancestors!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Great Friday Jana! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome True! And thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the mention of my post about "Why Didn't I See That?" I am always honored when I make your list. It sure pays to take a second and third look at all our records.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jana for mentioning my post and thanks for your Friday Fab Finds series! Such great links. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you again Jana! Love your weekly gems.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...