Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Workday Wednesday–Arthur's On the Job! ~ Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of Arthur’s On the Job!  If you missed Part 1, you can read it by clicking HERE.

Arthur was an excellent mechanic.  And as my regular readers know, even the famous Clark Gable sought him out when he brought his car to the garage where Arthur worked.

As promised, here is another photo of Arthur at work (and yes, this is another photo from my Grandma Ingrid's Books of Remembrance) - 

Arthur Harry Iverson
I thought it would be nice to post some close-up views of the above photo, so here they are.

First up is my Grandpa Arthur.

Arthur Harry Iverson
Hard at Work
And next is some kind of Kwik-Way equipment in the shop.  I did a Google search and found Kwik-Way’s website.

Not being a mechanic myself, I can’t really tell what kind of Kwik-Way machinery is shown in the photo or what my grandpa is holding in his hands as he works on that old car.  Any guesses?

Kwik-Way Equipment
So, that’s it for now.  I’ll share another photo of Arthur at work in the next installment of Arthur’s On The Job!

Thanks for reading!

Jana


Copyright © Jana Last 2012

6 comments:

  1. I could have used Arthur today. I had to buy a water pump for my trusty GMC truck. Boo Hoo - so many other GOOD ways to spend $300, don't you think? Anyway, I'm grateful to whoever had the idea to photograph Arthur at work. Did Kwik-Way make a variety of auto tools?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! Ya, we could have used grandpa's help too with our cars lately. Our air conditioner went out on our Honda Civic. About $800 dollars later it's fixed. And our Honda Odyssey had to have body work done. And $1,000 later that's fixed now. Ouch!

      I too am grateful to whoever photographed my grandpa. I wonder who it was....

      FYI, Kwik-Way's website says it is a "Manufacturer of Industry Leading Automotive Repair Machines."

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. My paternal grandfather worked in the family business (commercial real estate) and I've run across a few photos of their office in the 1920-1940 time frame. Plus my paternal grandmother's family owned a well known dry goods store and I've found a few photos of that. Sadly, though, no one is in any of the pictures :-( I love that you are able to see Arthur on the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi,

      It's wonderful that you have those photos, even if no one is in them. Perhaps you could share them on your blog? It would be cool to see them.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Jana you have wonderful photos! My Grandfather was a mechanic too and this summer we took a trip to Colorado where he lived and saw where he worked. It was wonderful to imagine him there, but what I wouldn't give to have a picture of him working at that shop like you have of your grandfather. Guess the lesson for me here is to take pictures doing our common day to day things because times change and we never know how much those pictures will possibly mean to another generation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      What a great thought about taking photos of us doing common day to day activities! True, they may seem mundane to us, but to our descendants they may be just as fascinating as photos of our ancestors at work are to us.

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...