Let's see all of the information that can be gleaned from this document.
- Full Name: Charles Albert Engle
- Place of Death: 1308 Marengo Avenue, South Pasadena, Los Angeles, California
- Usual Residence: 1308 Marengo Avenue, South Pasadena, Los Angeles, California
- If Veteran, Name of War: None
- Social Security Number: None
- Sex: Male
- Color or Race: Caucasian
- Single, Married, Widowed or Divorced: Single
- Birthdate of Deceased: June 20, 1864
- Age: 82 Years, 3 Months, 0 Days
- Birthplace: Chester Hill, Ohio
- Usual Occupation: Retired Salesman
- Industry or Business: Grocery (Wholesale)
- Father's Name: Richard Engle
- Father's Birthplace: Plymouth, Ohio
- Mother's Name: Sarah Amanda Waterman
- Mother's Birthplace: Coolville, Ohio
- Informant: Wm. B. Engle (Brother)
- Informant's Address: 1308 Marengo Avenue, So. Pasadena, Calif.
- Burial, Cremation or Removal: Burial
- Burial Date: September 23, 1946
- Burial Place: Mountain View Cemetery, Altadena, Calif.
- Funeral Director: Vernon F. Steen
- Funeral Director Address: 11305 Magnolia Blvd., No. Hollywood, Calif.
- Date of Death: September 20, 1946 at 3:20 AM
- Cause of Death: (1) Cancer of Pancreas (2) Metastatic Cancer of Liver
- Autopsy: None
As you can see, Charles' cause of death was pancreatic cancer. It also appears that Charles also suffered from metastatic cancer of the liver, which means that the cancer had spread to his liver.
Charles passed away at his home at 1308 Marengo Avenue, in South Pasadena, California. His death must have been quite difficult for his brother William, since they had lived together for so many years.
William passed away almost four years after Charles. I will be sharing more about William's life in a future post.
Thanks for reading!
© 2014 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved