Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Exploring the "My Schedule" Feature on the RootsTech Website

I thought I'd share some information about the "My Schedule" feature on the RootsTech website today.

Here's a screenshot of the RootsTech website's home page. To access the "My Schedule" feature, click on "Schedule" at the top of the page.


Next, if you have already registered for RootsTech, sign in with your login ID and password. If you haven't registered yet, you can do so by clicking on "click here" in the Welcome box to the left of the Login box.


Once you've logged in, you'll be taken to this screen. This is the Dashboard page. Click on "My Schedule."


This is my tentative RootsTech 2016 schedule. The green boxes show the classes and events, etc. that I've scheduled.


Awesome, right? But what if a class I want to attend is already full when I get there? Well, in addition to scheduling classes, I've also added classes to my "Interests list." That way, if a class is already full, I can look at my "Interests list" and go to a different class for that time slot.

I'll show you how to add classes to your "Interests list."

First of all, here's how to see the list of classes offered at RootsTech this year. From the RootsTech home page, click on "2016 Classes."


You will be taken to the class list. As you can see, you can click on the session type, days, track, etc. to filter your class list. To add a class to your "Interests list" simply click on the star next to "Add to My Interests."



This is what my current "Interests list" looks like. To see your "Interest list" click on "Interests" on the left side of the "My Schedule" page. It's in that red box on the left.


By the way, here's how to add classes to your schedule. Simply click on the + sign next to the date and time of the class.


Okay, now back to the "My Schedule" feature. At the top of the "My Schedule" page you'll see that there are several tabs to choose from. 


When I click on "Show Interests" my schedule looks like this.


Now my scheduled classes AND the classes I'm interested in are showing up on my schedule. The classes I've scheduled are in green and the classes I'm interested in are in gray.

I like the fact that I can see my scheduled classes as well as the classes I'm interested in. This way I can quickly click on and see the information for my 2nd and/or third class choices if my 1st class choice is already full. Unfortunately, I didn't see this feature in the RootsTech app. I've tried a work-around by adding a note to a class I'm interested in.

Did you know that you can edit your schedule from the "My Schedule" page? Just click on "Edit Schedule" at the top of the page.


You will be taken to a screen that looks similar to this. You can choose a day by clicking on the arrows next to the date at the top of the page.


To edit your schedule, click on a class on the list and follow the prompts in the box that appears. If you are trying to add a class during a time you've already scheduled a class, you will be given the option to remove your currently scheduled class and replace it with the new one.


Another neat feature of the "My Schedule" page is the ability to add personal time to your schedule. To add personal time, click on "Add Personal Time" at the top of the page.


A box like this will appear. Select the day, time, length of time, and description for your personal time event.


For this post, I added lunch to my schedule on Thursday.


I clicked on the "My Schedule" button and now lunch shows up in blue on my schedule. Pretty cool, right?


I hope this post has been helpful. See you at RootsTech!

Thanks for reading!

Jana

© 2016 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...